Merchandising is a set of events aimed at increasing sales of an outlet. This is a trade revolution. To the intent of the practical use of behavior psychology is expressed in increasing the productivity of a particular store. There are the key objectives of these events:
- stimulating a potential customer to purchase;
- create desire of the customer to purchase specific goods;
- formation of consumer loyalty to a store, brand of goods or to a specific producer;
- promotion of goods in the retail market, including new brands;
- increase sales in general.
- Merchandising standards let place product groups in the store correctly, taking into account customer behavior. In this case, sales increase up to 10%. Sophisticated layout will help to raise revenue by another 15%, and layout with signposting – another 25%.